Dev_StreamRead - AltDVB interface to StreamReader.dll

Announcements and general discussions
altxro
Site Admin

Re: Dev_StreamRead - AltDVB interface to StreamReader.dll

Post by altxro »

Hi,
First of all, check if AltDVB is sending DiseqC commands.
Open "DiseqC Log" from the main window, [Infos] button. Now change the satellite and you should see something like this:
sshot-1.jpg
sshot-1.jpg (8.76 KiB) Viewed 1477 times
If you don't see the command here, re-edit the satellite and check the DiseqC switch settings.

If the command is logged, then search into StreamReader.log for lines:
sshot-2.jpg
sshot-2.jpg (21.83 KiB) Viewed 1477 times
LNB_2

Post by LNB_2 »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. This is version 02, which is OK:
Per.png
Per.png (6.13 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
This is version 03, which does not switch:
Bo.png
Bo.png (11.85 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
So I assume that version 03 of the TBS 6902 is not working correct in this case.
skyborg

Post by skyborg »

altxro wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:03 pm if hardware has this capablility.
do you know where the hw capabilites are taken from when using this interface?
altxro
Site Admin

Post by altxro »

I'm using GetCaps function from StreamReader.dll.

To check current device capabilities see [Infos]->[Device Info/Config]
DevInfo.png
DevInfo.png (3.33 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
For sending raw DiSEqC messages SR_DISEQC1X capability is needed.
TBS5520SE_Cap.png
TBS5520SE_Cap.png (4.25 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
skyborg

Post by skyborg »

i have pctv 461e USB card. device info is not opening. chipset is suppose to support blindscan, but crazyscan gives RF scan not supported message. i found that GetCaps function inside crazyscan sources and i'm trying to figure out where it parses capability info from. is it from cards EEPROM?
managed to compile crazyscan, so i think, if the BLscan capabilty is disabled in EEPROM i could replace BLscan checks in code with the SR_DISEQC1X that is present
Mr. Orbita

Post by Mr. Orbita »

It's not related only to chipset support. Most of StreamReader.dll capabilities are available only if device vendor provided good drivers with i2c access, so StreamReader.dll can send proper calls directly to HW. So it's not based only on some information from the device, but on an ability to access and send commands directly to HW, which normally is not possible, if drivers are not allowing such communication.

Some PCTV cards are supported, but 461e seemingly not: https://sourceforge.net/p/crazyscan/wiki/Info/
You may see there, that for some cards, special drivers had to be made only to resolve issues, supported demod itself was not enough.

You can try to fake capabilities, but I would expect that this won't work at the end, because anyway StreamReader.dll will be unable to call directly HW, if vendor did not support i2c calls in their drivers. Maybe there's a chance that for DiSEqC alone i2c is not needed? @crazycat might know better.

If this card is a clone of other card, for which producer provided better drivers, with i2c access, moving to other drivers might work, but chances for a direct clone are small.

Anyway - good luck and hope that you'll find a way to force your 461e to work as expected ;)
skyborg

Post by skyborg »

Right, it didn't work. Its about streamreader, there are no sources for that and i can't do anything about it. Speaking of direct HW access, i installed smartdvb recently and there were similar settings for one of BDA drivers, with standard method i was surprised the channel switching was instant while on same transponder, something i did not encounter before, but couldn't switch transponder. direct method needed to be used for proper function.
Couldn't do any BS with it regardless of driver mode.

DVBSky 960 card listed as partially supported, but even after forcing their drivers with 461e - RFscan not supported...

There are vendor drivers for linux, containing BS support. hopefully this is the way
ehsan1364

Post by ehsan1364 »

can u make device driver for rtlsdr.dll ?
satfeed1

Post by satfeed1 »

I use Streamread interface with StreamReader.dll(1.2.4.124). Everything works with my old 6922SE, but how to change search range for tuning?
If I scan narrow bandwidth(under 6MHz) channel I need to enter the exact frequency and there is no 1-2MHz tolerance. This problem only occurs when using the streamreader interface. Can I change search range somewhere(like Crazyscan)?
puscas

Post by puscas »

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if somebody is successfully using this interface on Multistream transponders, like 12111 V @ 9°E.
On my case, only the channels on the first MIS ID shows up, even setting up the option to a different MIS ID.

Looking at the logs, I see a reference to MISSel with the selected MIS ID (stream 3), but the outcome is always the content of the first MIS ID (stream 1).

Code: Select all

13:04:52 - 03/06/2022 MISSel(-1,0x03,0xFF)
13:04:52 - 03/06/2022 SetChannelExEx(12111000, 31400000, 1, 2, 9750000, 10600000, 11700000, 3, 0, 0, 0)
thanks!