Xbox One Digital TV Tuner...on Windows

Announcements and general discussions
EnoSat

Re: Xbox One Digital TV Tuner...on Windows

Post by EnoSat »

not open as ZIP , only remove .zip (file in text format)
Attachments
5000.zip
this real commpresed ZIP if you cannot remove the extension
(479 Bytes) Downloaded 75 times
Televes H30 FLEX
Gibertini OP100L /85E-53W/
WaveFrontier T90 /39E-36E-31E-28E-26E-23E-19E-16E-13E-9E-7E-5E-2E-1W-4W-30W/
TBS-5925 , TBS-5880 , TBS-5220 , Mutant HD51 , Ineos ZX4 , Coolstream Zee2 , Dreambox 900UHD/7020HD/500HD
JohnnyBraces

Post by JohnnyBraces »

EnoSat wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:07 pm not open as ZIP , only remove .zip (file in text format)
Ah, sorry, I'm new around here.

Thanks for this, but same result I'm afraid. I may need to test a weak signal theory, I don't know. Hard to tell without the input of other people testing it on Freeview in the UK. If there are a few other people who can confirm they can receive HD channels, then it would help.

I receive all SD channels without a problem though, but do HD channels require a stronger signal, for example?

Cheers.
Mr. Orbita

Post by Mr. Orbita »

If you did not yet attempted to do that - please try to set Delivery Sys to DVB-T2. I think that Xbox Tuner might be not so automatic and pointing it to the correct Delivery Sys might be helpful. Remember to apply changes, so T2 delivery sys will be in force, when locking.
This is recommended by Altx: https://www.altx.ro/2021/06/xbox-one-di ... n-windows/
JohnnyBraces

Post by JohnnyBraces »

Mr. Orbita wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:51 pm If you did not yet attempted to do that - please try to set Delivery Sys to DVB-T2. I think that Xbox Tuner might be not so automatic and pointing it to the correct Delivery Sys might be helpful. Remember to apply changes, so T2 delivery sys will be in force, when locking.
This is recommended by Altx: https://www.altx.ro/2021/06/xbox-one-di ... n-windows/
Yes, I did this. It's the same result though, all DVBT muxes are working great, but all DVBT2 muxes have 0 signal and corrupted EPG data. I used the same aerial on a Raspberry pi + TV Hat + TVheadend, and the HD signal was a little weak on that, but I could still watch some and get some picture on others, and the EPG data was fine on that.
altxro
Site Admin

Post by altxro »

If it works in TvHeadend it means that the problem is somewhere in my interface. I will try to compare the sources of the linux driver with mine, maybe I realize what I am doing wrong. It would help if you could test the reception of those HD channels with another device, to rule out a possible hardware defect in the RF tuner.
markerridge

Post by markerridge »

JohnnyBraces wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:55 pm
Mr. Orbita wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:51 pm If you did not yet attempted to do that - please try to set Delivery Sys to DVB-T2. I think that Xbox Tuner might be not so automatic and pointing it to the correct Delivery Sys might be helpful. Remember to apply changes, so T2 delivery sys will be in force, when locking.
Yes, I did this. It's the same result though, all DVBT muxes are working great, but all DVBT2 muxes have 0 signal and corrupted EPG data. I used the same aerial on a Raspberry pi + TV Hat + TVheadend, and the HD signal was a little weak on that, but I could still watch some and get some picture on others, and the EPG data was fine on that.
Just to say that I also am experiencing this exact same problem, with DVBT2 muxes / HD channels, also in England fwiw (Crystal Palace transmitter). They show up in the scan interface with good lock (83%) and sufficient quality (28%), but then 0% signal in the front-end, usually scambled EPG text. Sometimes when I scan the PID doesn't show up. I also get the "Channel rescan error. PMT-Table incomplete" when rescanning on a channel.

Interestingly enough, it is able to receive these channels! I tried matiaspl's workaround, and am able to stream the DVBT2 muxes to VLC without any issues:
matiaspl wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:23 pm DVB-T2 tuning works if you use "Signal test". So my way to get AltDVB to receive something is to first select the channel, then go to Scan, select the frequency, click "Signal test", let it tune in and then close the window and start streaming. Only Full TS seems to work though.
altxro
Site Admin

Post by altxro »

Sorry folks! Just now I realised that this is an older bug reported by Mr.Orbita in the second post of this thread (see pt.3).
It's already fixed and I hope to release a new/fixed version soon.
markerridge

Post by markerridge »

Thanks altxro for all your work on this, it really is a fantastic project!
zmax532

Post by zmax532 »

I can't seem to get it to work for me. The drivers and ALT-DVB are installed but it can't find any channels when I search. I'm in Australia
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

DVB-T2/FreeView HD/BBC HD channels don't seem to be work/appear in the scan (i am on the crystal palace transmitter), shown below:
also another image:
For the HD Freeview channels: