Red cross when using plugins

User to user support, ask here if you don't know how to do or configure something
puscas

Red cross when using plugins

Post by puscas »

Hi!

I'm testing a new computer with the version 2.4 and I see one behaviour that does not shows up in my other computer.
When a red cross shows at the right down corner, what that means?
red_cross.JPG
red_cross.JPG (8.07 KiB) Viewed 221 times
The red cross mark only appears when one or more plugins are active.

Kind Regards
Mr. Orbita

Re: Red cross when using plugins

Post by Mr. Orbita »

I had this issue many years ago and in my case it was related to an incompatible version of FFDecsa.dll - some builds of FFDecsa are relying on CPU HW possibilities. I'm not sure if this applies also to your case (in my case old HW was the issue), but it's worth to check that out ;)

Source code of FFDecsa implementation is freely available, so it is possible to build your own version: https://www.altx.ro/projects/ffdecsa/

8 years ago I've built a 64 MMX version, which was not the fastest, but was compatible with my platform, you can try this one: https://forum.satkurier.pl/download/AltDVB/FFDeCSA.zip - might be good enough?
File is located in Devices folder.
puscas

Post by puscas »

Hi Mr. Orbita

thank you very much for your help!

You were right, the issue was related with the FFDecsa.dll. The one you shared works perfectly.
I will try to build one for my system.

Kind Regards
puscas

Post by puscas »

I just compiled the DLL and it also works.
Just edited a little bit the build scripts to do "-march=native -mtune=native" and adjusted the exported functions to match the original ones.

Once again, thank you very much to point me in the right direction!

Kind Regards