Switching channels on 2 or more DVB Devices

Ideas for the future versions
SatLinkX

Switching channels on 2 or more DVB Devices

Post by SatLinkX »

Hi,
1. In new version of AltDVB it is possible to switch channels on 2 or more DVB Devices?
I have DVB-C and DVB-S2 device, so it will be verry nice to switch channels between them without restarting AltDVB and select a single device. In setting can you add a menu to select all dvb devices and drivers to every one?
2. In floating window it will be nice to pop up channels list in right or left of the window; and to appear on task bar, because when switch on floating window it disappears from taskbar. Pop up channels list in PIP windows too.
3. A feature desired is on mouse pointing on channel list to show epg for particular channels you point mouse, this on main window, PIP window and floating window.
Thank you for your work
SatLinkX

altxro
Site Admin

Re: Switching channels on 2 or more DVB Devices

Post by altxro »

1) The current internal architecture doesn't allow more than one active device. I like the idea, but I think will take me a while to implement it...
2) In floating mode you can use the tray icon double-click to bring back the main app window. For the channel list position relative to window, I'll add a setting.
3) Interesting feature :idea: How do you imagine this: EPG shown as a hint window or into a label below/above channels list ?

SatLinkX

Post by SatLinkX »

2. The problem for me in floating window is that some times I need to minimize that window to view someting on dektop and after that switch back so if it is on taskbar only 2 clicks will do that.
3. Like on DVBViewer. (I use floating window and when you move mouse lets say in right of window pop up channel list and when you point on channel it shows EPG for current program in hint window)
4. Maybe time shift in memory. (I have just upgrade my laptop to 16GB Ram Memory). In DVBViewer time shift in memory is limited to 2GB. I don't know why but if in ALTDVB it can be 4GB, 6GB, or 8GB it will be nice.
Thank you for answer.
SatLinkX

uli

Post by uli »

Hi,

1. It is possible to install AltDVB twice in different directories (for example AltDVB_C and AltDVB_S). In each directory you can select a different device and Set default. You can use both devices at the same time.

Uli

SatLinkX

Post by SatLinkX »

Thanks for the tip.
This is working.
SatLinkX