Few suggestions from PL forum

Ideas for the future versions
Mr. Orbita

Few suggestions from PL forum

Post by Mr. Orbita »

I'm passing a few ideas from PL forum (by user @peh) for consideration for future AltDVB releases ;)
  1. To add relock feature to go back to last watched channel after closing scanner window (if channel is still present on the channel list).
  2. To keep channel locked & video/audio active in scanner window until scanning of other frequency is started (sometimes it could be useful to be able just to update transponder list, without stopping to watch TV/listen to radio channels.
  3. On EPG tab in the main window, when EPG is collected, currently broadcasted event is visible on the bottom of visible part of the list, it would be nice if current event would be on the top, so collecting archive events won't push the view to the bottom (scrolling).
  4. To add some kind of cursor hot track, so if mouse cursor is above EPG tab, then EPG could be scrolled (now it is needed to click it firstly, to be able to scroll); it is also visible in scanning results window, where moving between updated channel list and changes for selected channel forces to click between both lists to be able to scroll them.
  5. To add action, when clicking on key icon to show plugin window, which is in use for decryption.
  6. To add support for middle mouse button to toggle between modes (fullscreen, main window, floating screen).
  7. To add "Mute" to context menu for Floating Window mode.
altxro
Site Admin

Re: Few suggestions from PL forum

Post by altxro »

1), 2) These bothered me too :), but busy with other things, I didn't find time to fix them...until now; will be available in the next version.
3) I'll find a way to keep current EPG event into view.
4) This was a little tricky because only active/selected control receive mouse events, but I managed to redirect scroll wheel messages to the control under mouse cursor
5) You have to create a plugins profile and select which plugin to show when key button is pressed:
PlgProfile.png
PlgProfile.png (15.1 KiB) Viewed 233 times
6) Taken into consideration. I'm not a huge fan of middle button, mostly because i use a simple mouse which has the switch under the scroll wheel.
7) [Mute/UnMute] menu added; will be available in the next version.
Mr. Orbita

Re: Few suggestions from PL forum

Post by Mr. Orbita »

Thanks, forwarded your replies, thanks for all these improvements ;)