Problems when i toggle between window modes

Report here any bugs you found
3hmonkey

Problems when i toggle between window modes

Post by 3hmonkey »

Hi!

I think i have found 2 bugs. Probably they are related.

When i'm using a MultiMonitor setup, and if i move altdvb from one screen to another, the picture always turns black (also no sound). If i switch channel or click on that same channel the picture reappears and everyting works fine.

When i switch from Full Screen, or from Normal window mode to Floating Window the picture goes black (no sound either). This doesn't happening every time. Sometimes the picture comes back with glitches, but most of the time it stay black so must reopen that same channel or switch channel to fix it. If toggle between Full Screen and Normal everything works fine, only if i toggle to Floating Window this problem appears.

Then if i switch back to Normal window there is nothing

I have turned off hardware acceleartion in LAV, but it doesn't make any difference.
altxro
Site Admin

Re: Problems when i toggle between window modes

Post by altxro »

The first problem seems to be related to multimonitor setup. When video is moved from one monitor to another the renderer must be reinitialized, and in current version I don't do that. I've added the issue to my to-do list. Also try to switch the video renderer; on my system (with Intel UHD 630 integrated graphics) the EVR performs much better in this regard.

For the second problem I don't have an answer yet. The floating window is displayed on the same monitor as the main app window ? What video renderer do you use ?
3hmonkey

Post by 3hmonkey »

i use EVR, but also tried with VMR9, but i doesn't make any difference, and yes the floating window is dispalyed on the same monitor.

I made some tests on 2 single monitor setups,

-on my 3 monitor setup i use nvidia gtx1050ti - win 10
-one of my single monitor setup has an integrated amd radeon hd7560 - win7
-the second single monitor setup i tried with a Radeon HD 6450 and Radeon R7 240 - win10

and on my win7 test build everything works fine

but on other two when i switch from Full Screen mode to Floating window in 99% of the case the Floating window goes black, in some cases the picture reappears after few seconds and works fine, or the sound is ok, but picture is like this

Last edited by 3hmonkey on Fri May 07, 2021 11:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
3hmonkey

Post by 3hmonkey »

btw. it would be great if you could add logs to altdvb
Last edited by 3hmonkey on Fri May 07, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3hmonkey

Post by 3hmonkey »

one more thing. I'm using a Stab HH-120 USALS rotor, and it only works if i select transponder with Horizontal polarisation. If i try to move to transponder with Vertical polarisation it just stucks there.
altxro
Site Admin

Post by altxro »

I really don't have any explanation why video artefacts appear when switching to/from floating window. The operation should be smooth because I only change video owner window and the renderer should continue to display frames without interruption. If is possible, try to do the tests having the DVB card physicaly installed in the PC (not via Dev_Network). When swithing video windows there is a small CPU usage spike which could cause some delay in received network packets. Also try to change the process priority in settings to see if it helps.

A multi-level optional log is planned for next version.

The issue with Stab HH seems to be related to DiSEqC. I came across some DVB cards that do not restore polarity after a raw DiSEqC command.
Note to myself: I should add an optional retune command after every DiSEqC message :)
3hmonkey

Post by 3hmonkey »

ok, i will try to do some test and i will let you know if i find something :)

btw.

Normal window -> Full screen or Floating window - OK, no change in Resources Monitor
Floating window -> Normal or Full screen - OK, no change in Resources Monitor
Full Screen -> Normal - OK, no change in Resources Monitor

only when i switch from Full screen to Floating window i get this peak, and the black screen
3hmonkey

Post by 3hmonkey »

so i have disconnected two of monitors, and that has solved my problem.

it seems when i toggle between Full screen and floating window mode, altdvb "thinks" that i moved it to another screen... :roll: