Xbox One Digital TV Tuner...on Windows

Announcements and general discussions
altxro
Site Admin

Xbox One Digital TV Tuner...on Windows

Post by altxro »

Xbox One Digital TV Tuner is a pretty good DVB-C/T/T2 device with a very affordable price (I bought mine for about 8 Euros, shipping excluded). For some reasons Microsoft decided to not release a Windows drivers for it, so it was a logical addition to my newly published Dev_UsbDirect interface.

I tested the tuner on DVB-C and works well for SR 6900 and QAM64, but on QAM256 it loses packets from time to time. (you will see some video artefacts when this happens). I don't know if this is a tuner/demodulator issue or is related to Dib0700 USB bridge and its firmware. Of course, your experience can vary depending on signal quality, USB controller, hardware revision, etc.

If you use the tuner for DVB-T2 terrestrial reception be sure to edit frequency list in AltDVB and change "Delivery Sys" to DVBT2, otherwise will not get the signal lock.

Download needed files and follow the installation guide from www.altx.ro/projects/dvb-usb-direct-interface
Mr. Orbita

Re: Xbox One Digital TV Tuner...on Windows

Post by Mr. Orbita »

Wow! Thanks! :D Got some of these - very cheap devices :mrgreen:

Tested on both DVB-C and DVB-T/T2.

DVB-C: confirmed some small glitches on 256QAM, but basically works fine :)

DVB-T/T2: detected some small issues here:
  1. DVB-T MUX with 7 MHz bandwidth (we are using 7 MHz here on VHF) is not locking
  2. for DVB-T I've got no reading of signal quality, only strength (for DVB-T2 quality is present)
  3. for DVB-T2 - after changing Delivery Sys to DVBT2 I'm able to scan channels, but unable to lock them when changing channels from channel list (like Delivery Sys would not be passed?)
Thanks, it's great to be able to use this devices also under Windows :)
altxro
Site Admin

Post by altxro »

Thank you Mr. Orbita for testing! I will look into the issues related to DVB-T/T2. The truth is I did very few tests on the terrestrial reception, in fact the reason why I did not include this device in the first version was a bug related to DVB-T2 :)
Mr. Orbita

Post by Mr. Orbita »

Worry not, it's already a big achievement to have this device working under Windows ;) It offers very fast & stable lock, great for DVB-C scanning and just a day ago I could use these devices only @ Linux and mostly they were covered by dust ;) Thanks ;)
matiaspl

Post by matiaspl »

DVB-T2 tuning works if you use "Signal test". So my way to get AltDVB to receive something is to first select the channel, then go to Scan, select the frequency, click "Signal test", let it tune in and then close the window and start streaming. Only Full TS seems to work though.
ozonax1997

Post by ozonax1997 »

I am unable to receive HD Channels using the tuner I don't know if this is expected behaviour. I'm grateful the tuner is working all together but unsure if this is to be expected
altxro
Site Admin

Post by altxro »

@ozonax1997
Please add more details:
* on what DVB system is the signal ? DVB-C, DVB-T/T2 ?
* do you have any information about signal modulation, bandwidth, symbol rate ?
johno

Post by johno »

Hey,
Great job with porting the XBox Tuner EU version to altdvb. Thank you altxro. Multimesc!
I am writing you from Spain and I am getting all the channels I would get with a Realtek 2832U USB device. With that I am using SichboPVR software due to its server feature etc. I think you are doing a great service by offering Windows 8,10,11 drivers for Xbox One Digital TV Tuner USB Europe version.

My question to you would be how would I use a cheap remote with altdvb? I have one of the below and it currently works in Win11 Pro 64bit and SichboPVR which I have altdvb also working.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3277782 ... 4c4dP2ZKJC

Also with altdvb none of the keyboard or mouse commands (change channel, volume etc) work either. I am missing a step?

Also if you need anyhelp with debugging, QA etc. since I have 2 tuners and 2 software running simultanously in the same OS (Win11) I would be glad to help.

All the best!
simzy

Post by simzy »

Made an account to thank you so much for your hard work, love the program and the fact that someone finally made a working way for the tuner.

My question would be what are the best settings for getting as many channels as possible in England as I am new to this kind of system of getting tv channels.
altxro
Site Admin

Post by altxro »

Hi johno,
From the Aliexpress description, this remote seems to be a HID device which emulate a keyboard. If this is the case then try to change the kb hotkeys from AltDvb->Settings->Input->Keyboard: double click on column HotKey2 on the desired action then press a key on your remote.