Dev_UsbDirect - An experimental hardware interface for AltDVB

Announcements and general discussions
altxro
Site Admin

Dev_UsbDirect - An experimental hardware interface for AltDVB

Post by altxro »

This piece of software started as an experiment more than 13 years ago when I bought my first DVB USB device: Siemssen Opera DVB-S1. The existing driver did not work very well so I thought of using a universal USB driver from Cypress and accessing the device directly. I disassembled the device, noted the IC used and started looking for documentation. The programming of the demodulator STV0299 was simple and the full datasheet was available on the internet. Excited about the speed of new interface, I later added support for two other devices I own: DVBWorld Dw2102 and Dw2104. Later on, I replaced the Cypress CyUSB generic driver with WinUSB to be more compatible with recent windows versions.

For those brave enough to try this interface, here is the download link and a short installation guide:
https://www.altx.ro/projects/dvb-usb-direct-interface/
EnoSat

Re: Dev_UsbDirect - An experimental hardware interface for AltDVB

Post by EnoSat »

Will it help to receive transponders above 111.6 Mbps ?
Televes H30 FLEX
Gibertini OP100L /85E-53W/
WaveFrontier T90 /39E-36E-31E-28E-26E-23E-19E-16E-13E-9E-7E-5E-2E-1W-4W-30W/
TBS-5925 , TBS-5880 , TBS-5220 , Mutant HD51 , Ineos ZX4 , Coolstream Zee2 , Dreambox 900UHD/7020HD/500HD
altxro
Site Admin

Post by altxro »

Hi ! In this case will not help. The most capable device supported, DVBWorld 2104, has CX24116 demodulator which is limited to 30000 Ksps and 9/10 FEC (max data rate ~ 80 Mbps). The USB bridge Cypress FX2LP is pretty capable: on other project (not DVB related) I can read data from device at 128 Mbps without any packet lost (even 192 Mbps with good/short USB cable)

In the case from your link above could be a BDA driver issue. Btw, when TBS5927 is used on linux the problem persist ?
crazycat

Post by crazycat »

Speed limited usb mode transfer and fx2 hw (TS bus) & firmware implementation. TBS USB use bulk transfer mode and firmware loaded from driver on start